This classic cross body with a zip top closure will be one you will want to make over and over again. Feature your favorite print or keep it simple with a solid! Includes front and back exterior pockets and interior pockets. Adjustable strap makes it wearable in any season. Regular size and mini!
Instructor: Sudi-Laura Overstreet
When: Saturday, January 25th
Hillside Tote pattern- PDF available here https://shop.noodle-head.com/products/hillside-tote-pdf-pattern
Exterior fabric requirement* not suitable for one-way directional fabric.
Mini size noted in [brackets].
FQ=Fat Quarter (18” x 22”)
- ½ yard [FQ] Exterior Fabric*
- ½ [½] yard Accent Fabric (includes Exterior pockets and Strap/Strap Holders)
- ¾ [½] yard Lining Fabric (includes Interior Pocket)
- 2 ¼ [1 7/8] yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20”-wide)^
- (1) 12” [10”] zipper for top closure
- (2) 1”-wide d-rings, (2) 1”-wide swivel clasps AND (1) 1”-wide strap slider
- (1) 18mm thin magnetic snap (for front pocket closure) OR (1) size 24 metal snap can be substituted
Recommended Fabrics: Canvas (6-8 oz. weight) for exterior and Accent fabric. Quilting cotton or lightweight canvas for Lining.
Microtex 80 sewing machine needles
Thread to match fabrics
Marking tool ( the Chaco-Liner is my favorite)
Basic Sewing supplies
*** You can register by phone using a credit card or come by Mulberry Silks and pay by cash, check, or credit card. Class fees must be paid in full when you register. If a class is cancelled by the instructor, a full refund will be given. If you cancel, we can refund your class fee only if you notify us at least seven days before the first class. We’re sorry, but if you miss a class we cannot reschedule it nor can we make any fee adjustment.
Fabrics and supplies must be purchased from Mulberry Silks prior to the date the class begins. We do offer our students a 10% discount on all supplies required for your project(s). In most cases, you will need to wash and dry your fabric before the first class, so come in and get a materials list, browse the store, and get started***